[Enigmail] about creating a secure encryption

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Jul 1 09:01:25 PDT 2008

Barry Jefferson wrote:
> Would you say the default security algorithm use when generating a key
> is adequate enough for personal use?

That depends on what your "personal use" is.  If you're digitally
signing 30-year mortgages, protecting nuclear weapon launch keys,
serving as a notary public, or other such things, then no.  For
everything else, it's more than adequate.

> as i have been having second thoughts after reading this:

Having looked over the site in question, I can't find anything there
that would make me doubt GnuPG's defaults.  What precisely is concerning
you?