[Enigmail] new user signed email verification request

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Jul 4 21:08:32 PDT 2008

Ryan wrote:
> Hi. New enigmail user here. I've followed the enigmail quickstart guide
> to get things rolling, and as suggested, I'm sending this test email to
> have someone help me verify that my message was properly signed. Once
> verified, I would also like to verify a test encrypted email as well.

Please check the QSG again, especially section 2.

http://enigmail.mozdev.org/documentation/quickstart-ch2.php#id2533620

Without access to your public key, our ability -- anyone's ability -- to
help you confirm Enigmail is sharply limited.  There's a signature on
your message, but I have no way of determining whether the signature is
correct.