[Enigmail] Breaking sigs [wqas Re: adding a second Gmail account to Enigmail]

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Jul 28 20:19:52 PDT 2008

Robert Ryan wrote:
> Whoa! I don't think there was any need to rant.

That was nowhere near rant strength from John.  The first two sentences
were perhaps rantworthy.  The entire rest of the message was a clear
articulation of not just his position, but the reasoning which led him
to that position.

> Good advice and probably all you really needed to say.

Not really.  To misquote John Dryden, "fools are easier to conquer than
persuade."  Giving a self-evident conclusion is, by itself, very rarely
enough to get people to share in that conclusion.  If you're lucky, you
can present a line of reasoning and get people to share in that.