[Googlebar] Google Toolbar for Firefox

Fritz Schneider fritz at google.com
Fri Jul 1 15:37:52 EDT 2005

Hey Googlebar folks, long time no talk. I thought I'd drop you a note
to give a heads up on something Google will be releasing next week: a
version of our IE Toolbar for Firefox. It will most likely be released
on July 7th, but press releases will go out at 9pm on July 6th. Since
you were in the Google-toolbar-for-firefox space first, it's
conceivable that the press might contact you for comment. If they do
it would be great if you could hold of replying until our press
releases go out on the 6th.

Some more specifics:

- It will work with Firefox 1.0+
- It will work on Win2k/XP, MacOS X 10.2, and Linux 8.0+
- It has pretty much the same features as the latest IE toolbar except
of course for things like the Popup Blocker

We really appreciate the work you folks did to fill this gap in our
products for so long. Because of this, we will keep the link to the
Googlebar from the toolbar download page so users can make the choice
of which toolbar they'd like to install.

Thanks again!