[Greasemonkey] Watering Smoldering Flames Out in the Real World

Bill Donnelly donnelly at snowcrest.net
Fri Apr 1 10:47:35 EST 2005

I've been replying to various commentaries by people re:
Gm out and about. ('unofficially', of course, as a Gm user)
Here is today's, for example.
----------
People are making an awful big 'to do' about Greasemonkey and what it
can do and is being used for. As well they should. But what I'm talking
about are the "Doom and Gloom" and "negative" comments and predictions
and such. Let's face it, no matter how popular Greasemonkey gets, at
BEST, maybe 10% to 25% of Firefox users will use it. MAYBE 50%, but
probably not. And only a (small) percentage of those will, for example,
use the "get rid of Google ads" script(s). (I won't be doing that, for
one) So, for Google, or Yahoo, or anyone else, to "freak out" and throw
a lot of money at "fixing the problem" is a waste of time, money and
resources. Can't we all just get along? ;o)

http://dream.sims.berkeley.edu/~ryanshaw/wordpress/2005/02/18/greasemonkey-stole-your-job-and-your-business-model/?nofix=nofix