[Greasemonkey] UI idea

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:28:38 EDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 1:22 AM, Aaron Boodman <zboogs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interested in any feedback.

Instead of "My Scripts", make it "My scripts"
Instead of "Suggested", make it "Web scripts" or "Shared scripts".

I'd like a link to the web UI for the directory, so that a user could
hunt around for scripts without surfing the pages.  I'm hoping once
the directory is useful, that people will tag delicious entries, and
I'd like to be able to navigate with those.

I'm not sure I understand the log section because there is more than
one modified file listed.  When you click Test, does it modify more
than one page?

Are people really going to code in a window that's maybe 1/3 screen
width?  I don't have a better suggestion.  I thought about a XUL tab
in the document window, but then you have a problem associating which
other document the tab should be working on (and you don't see test
results easily).

Just generally, I think it'd be nice to have a larger area to
browse/code on, but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.  Maybe DOM
Inspector's approach of having a separate window w/ an "Inject on
this" button would work?

For the New/Save/Save As buttons, add a tab in the space with the log
(they won't want both at the same time).

Tab names could be "Keep" and "Debug"?  Or make a bigger window...

Using the number for votes is good, (again) as long as the query for
this data isn't always on (or on by default).