[Greasemonkey] UI idea

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 15:18:53 EDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 11:02 AM, Aaron Boodman <zboogs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are people really going to code in a window that's maybe 1/3 screen
> > width?
> In general, I am really finicky about what goes in a tab. A tab (or
> window, to a lesser degree) suggests that the content really is
> exclusive with whatever is in the other tab.

Right, I agree tab sucks.  In either the horizontal strip or separate
window, I'd give up some dissonance or appeal in order to have room to
code.

Or maybe we're trying too hard.  What about just getting or putting
script contents on the clipboard, and letting people code in their
text editor?  Then you wouldn't need the giant code window.

> > For the New/Save/Save As buttons, add a tab in the space with the log
> > (they won't want both at the same time).
>
> I'm not sure I agree, for the reasons above. I see myself in this cycle:

Hmm.  I meant put the Test and Log buttons on one tab, and
New/Save/Save As on the 2nd tab.  Wouldn't this address your cycle?
You wouldn't start new or save until you'd tested and were happy,
right?

It's a moot point w/ either separate window or horizontal strip, anyway.

Thanks for the work!