[Greasemonkey] UI idea

Michael Bierman greasemonkey at thebiermans.net
Tue Apr 5 14:17:32 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Dunck
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:19 PM
To: greasemonkey at mozdev.org
Subject: Re: [Greasemonkey] UI idea

Or maybe we're trying too hard.  What about just getting or putting script
contents on the clipboard, and letting people code in their text editor?
Then you wouldn't need the giant code window.

MB> I agree.  There are better things to focus on. GM isn't the place for a
robust editor and debugger.  Other things already provide that.  But there
is no ideal way for users keep up with improvements, bug fixes, etc. with
scripts.  That is something GM is ideally suited to provide.  Again, I'm
just talking about notification, not automatic updates.

Michael