[Greasemonkey] UI idea

Michael Bierman greasemonkey at thebiermans.net
Tue Apr 5 15:28:12 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Boodman

>>> launch in 1-2 seconds.

Right. This is what I was worried might make people think twice. An inline
editor takes zero seconds. It's already open.<<

Compare to now.  Either you have to navigate down 10 directories and open
the file (if you can figure out which file it is! Or you have to remove the
script, edit a copy of the source, load it into the browser and reinstall!
I'll be happy with 1-2 seconds!

>> On the other hand, I am totally open to the idea that I'm over-designing
here. I'll definitely do a mock of an extremely simple solution, which I
described in a previous mail to Mark. <<

Okay, I'm looking forward to it--even if there is a simple inline editor
(which I still think is not necessary) I hope there will be an "edit" button
to bring up the user's favorite editor. ;^)

Michael