[Greasemonkey] UI idea

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:36:20 EDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 5:21 PM, Aaron Boodman <zboogs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > launch in 1-2 seconds.
> Right. This is what I was worried might make people think twice. An
> inline editor takes zero seconds. It's already open.

It also sucks because it doesn't have Emacs bindings.  Or vi bindings.
 Or BBEdit bindings.  Or whatever.

Look, I've been muddling along debugging my GM scripts by

2. typing stuff and saving
4. re-installing it into GM
5. refreshing my test page, and
6. going back to step 2.

Now that I know I can directly edit the copy of the script in my
profile directory, I've cut out steps 3 and 4.  This makes me very
happy.  You can either make step 1 easier, or not, but you can have my
favorite text editor when you pry it from etc. etc.