[Greasemonkey] Backups and sharing GM installs on multiplemachines

Michael Bierman greasemonkey at thebiermans.net
Wed Apr 6 01:22:26 EDT 2005

> > Well, that would be one way to do it--maybe the best way.  The other
> > is just to look for variables that are defined as globals. That just
> > requires a text parser.
> I should have been clearer. AFAIK (which might be wrong - but I
> couldn't find other information), the interfaces to do this are not
> exposed to javascript.

>> I think he just meant we could preprocess the script files before
injecting them, prefixing "first" instances of variables w/ "var".
Which would be basically require a JS parser and be really hard, and I don't
wanna.  :) <<

I agree completely!  I never even considering that kind of "clean up" on
runtime. My original suggestion was only meant to imply a possible check
when a script was first installed.

Michael