[Greasemonkey] UI idea

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:07:55 EDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 9:54 AM, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm.  I had planned to use del.icio.us just as a discovery and sorting
> mechanism.
> Displaying available scripts per page would be based on an REST
> service off of userscript.org.

You're trying too hard.  Presumably the site will have a list of
popular scripts, recently updated scripts, a category browser, and a
site search hooked into the oodles of metadata we've meticulously
entered.  Why not, in the Manage User Scripts dialog, simply add a
link called "Get more user scripts" that... opens userscript.org!

Why on Earth would you want more client-side code than that?  We're in
a browser, right?  They're good at loading web pages and displaying
the results.

-Mark