[Greasemonkey] UI idea

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:05:28 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 3:07 AM, Mark Pilgrim <pilgrim at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2005 9:54 AM, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmm.  I had planned to use del.icio.us just as a discovery and sorting
> > mechanism.
> > Displaying available scripts per page would be based on an REST
> > service off of userscript.org.
> You're trying too hard.  Presumably the site will have a list of
> popular scripts, recently updated scripts, a category browser, and a
> site search hooked into the oodles of metadata we've meticulously
> entered.  Why not, in the Manage User Scripts dialog, simply add a
> link called "Get more user scripts" that... opens userscript.org!

I'm actually just working on the web site first.  The in-browser
script finder based on current page is an addon after that.  Discovery
and sorting will still be useful in the web site.

... I have a draft email which lists my goals and intentions for the
directory.  I'll try to get it out today.  Then you can tell me I'm
trying too hard again, and we'll make something better.  :)