[Greasemonkey] UI idea

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:10:08 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 2:22 AM, Michael Bierman <greasemonkey at thebiermans.net> wrote:
>> That's something I'd like the directory to be capable of, which requires
>> versioning, which requires either a manadatory userscript header (yeah,
>> right) or a central server.  Do others see an alternate to the central
>> versioning?
>
> The best alternative I can think of is RSS.... This is an ideal RSS application.

Yes, I agree it would be nice to have feeds per user script.  But my
point is that something has to generate the feed, and I'm interested
in how we could do that.

The two ways I can imagine it are:
1) Every script has a version number, and upon spidering, the
directory says "this script's now 1.1, and I last saw 1.0, so there's
a script update, let me gen a new feed item".
2) Every script is stored on the directory server, and upon spidering,
the directory says "this script doesn't match my lastest version, so
there's a new version, let me gen a new feed item".

Other options?