[Greasemonkey] Installing a user script via a data: url

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 00:54:44 EDT 2005

I am not terribly comfortable distributing a GM that understands data
URLs. People cannot look at the script to see what it does.

Is this something you want the public to use? If it's for a small
number, you could distribute your own patched GM which understands the
format. Otherwise, why can't you use server-side scripting to generate
the script?

Sorry to make you figure out the function before thinking about this
more. what do other people think?

(cool idea, btw) :)