[Greasemonkey] Goals for the user script directory (very long)

Scott R. Turner srt at aero.org
Fri Apr 8 10:54:33 EDT 2005

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Jeremy Dunck wrote:
> They can host them anywhere, sorry if I wasn't clear.

In my opinion, the best service you can provide for this kind of thing
is reliable hosting.  It's not like user scripts are going to take up
gigabytes of storage or generate huge traffic.  And a lot of these
machinations you're going through with hashes, etc., to provide trust
would go away if you simply hosted scripts and let users/reviewers
submit comments against the scripts.  You'd probably also get a more
vibrant and involved community.

 	    -- Scott