[Greasemonkey] Installing a user script via a data: url

Julien Couvreur julien.couvreur at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:56:03 EDT 2005

Matt suggests to use the sidebar editor to copy & paste the generated script.

That's definitely an option. But if we can do it, a click of a button
is preferrable to a copy & paste.

Jeremy says: "How about only allowing install from data: when it's
from location,
and not from a link?"

Actually I didn't know that you could install via a context menu on a
.user.js link :-$
I always install by loading the script first (so I can see it) and
then installing from the Tools menu.
So yes, I think that would be a good way to do it. Let me look at the
code some more to see how to enable the Tools menu on
data:text/javascript pages, without enabling it on links.

My purpose was not to obfuscate the script, only to allow installing
client-side generated scripts.

Cheers,
Julien