[Greasemonkey] I want persistent data

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 13:49:38 EDT 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 10:39 AM, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about data export/import/merge?  Want it, not needed immediately?

Don't need anything GM-specific.  However you implement local data,
make sure it's part of my profile.  If I move computers and want to
keep my setup, I'll move my entire profile.  Presumably there are also
tools to synchronize profiles between computers (and if not, why not?)
but this is not something I've ever looked into.  But again, I don't
think there needs to be anything GM-specific.  If someone wants to
write a different version of the browser stickies user script that
synchronizes with their own WebDAV server via AJAX over BEEP over UDP
using carrier pigeons, they are welcome to write that.  I just want
someplace local to store private per-script settings.

-Mark