[Greasemonkey] Re: Support request -- Greasemonkey doesn't work for me

Frederick Turner fturner1997 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 19:48:31 EDT 2005

Ed wrote:
> Hrmm.. create a file called something like "test.user.js" and put into it..
>
> alert('Greasemonkey is working!');
>
> Drag the file into firefox and install the user script and refresh the
> page. Do you get a message poping up saying greasemonkey is working?
>
> --
> Ed

I got nothing, either with the proxy on and also bypassing it. I also
have pop-ups blocked in Firefox, so I'm not sure if that's an issue.

"Michael Bierman" wrote:
> Did you exit Firefox and restart after installing GM?
>
> Michael

Yes. The extension is activated (I can see the control screen in
Firefox), and user scripts appear in the GM window as enabled.

I'm sure this must be some dumb error of mine, but I appreciate your help.

Fred.