[Greasemonkey] Re: Greasemonkey 0.3 - ugh, migration - read this before installing 0.3

Edward Lee edilee at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:04:00 EDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 3:04 PM, Michael Bierman <greasemonkey at thebiermans.net> wrote:
> 2. I followed the procedures outlined, and my user scripts appear, but a)
> edit only opens the directory, not the JS file so I have to guess as to
> which one it is.

That happened to me when I just installed the new version (before this
migration message came out). When you say you have to guess which one
it is, you're probably refering to the old way of storing them as
filenames with a bunch of numbers. That's probably because the scripts
aren't being updated to the new filename format. I went through and
opened each of the numbered files and renamed them to be the script
name.user.js and updated the config.xml and everything seems to be
working correctly.

--
Ed