[Greasemonkey] Additional metadata

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:59:23 EDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 4:40 PM, Aaron Boodman <zboogs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Similar questions on the other items. What meaning to they have to GM
> or the repository? Will people be able to search for scripts with
> license=BSD? I don't see that being very useful.

Well, I actually disagree here.  I thought Mark's inclusion of license
info in his script showed a lot of foresight.  If user scripts
continue to become popular, we can expect claims of piracy and
copyright to follow.  Right now, a tip of the hat is plenty, but
someone will claim patent on "//a", that's the ball game.  :-P

So.. I think (optional) @author, @homepage, @license would be useful.
I don't really think @copyright is needed if @author and @license is
there, right?