[Greasemonkey] Patterns

Julien Couvreur julien.couvreur at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:19:35 EDT 2005

> Another pattern I like, especially for links or other clickable
> things, is listening for clicks instead of modifying the links.
>
> It's probably snappier, and I think way easier to read.

I like it to and actually re-wrote my "mailto: to Gmail" user script.
But then I found one reason to really not like it: because the link is
opened by a script, the user doesn't get the choice of opening in the
current tab, a new tab or a new window.

On the other hand, the link re-writing approach (that I reverted back
to) breaks some other features of Firefox, namely the context menu for
"Copy email address"...

Cheers,
Julien