[Greasemonkey] HTML cleanliness and standards

Julien Couvreur julien.couvreur at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 09:41:10 EDT 2005

Some of the user scripts I wrote got me looking into the html of sites
like O'Reilly Network or MSDN. Overall, I've been underwhelmed by the
structure of the markup. Lots of tables, number of clear gifs for
spacing, tables for tabs,...
Anyone ran into this as well?

I'm not asking that the markup make it easy to tweak the DOM to
achieve what I want, but if the structure was better, a number of user
scripts would be cleaner and more robust... Am I expecting too much?

Cheers,
Julien

http://blog.monstuff.com/archives/images/MSDNLanguageFilter.user.js
http://blog.monstuff.com/archives/images/OReillyNet-PrinterFriendlyRedirect.user.js