[Greasemonkey] HTML cleanliness and standards

Edward Lee edilee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:59:32 EDT 2005

On 4/13/05, Julien Couvreur <julien.couvreur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of the user scripts I wrote got me looking into the html of sites
> like O'Reilly Network or MSDN. Overall, I've been underwhelmed by the
> structure of the markup. Lots of tables, number of clear gifs for
> spacing, tables for tabs,...

Well, that's pretty much the old table layout vs new css/div layout.
Things are indeed much cleaner using css and divs to position and
style things, but it requires a different thought process than putting
down a grid with tables. Some sites are just running on old layouts
while adding new features, but I suppose it won't hurt if you send an
email to the website recommending them to use css/div which could
potentially save some bandwidth as well.

--
Ed