[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey 0.3

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:43:40 EDT 2005

> Hitting "edit" should not bring up the default application.  The
> default application is for "using" the file, so it correctly should be
> the script engine.  If anything, the edit button ought to bring up the
> default editor pointing to the script file.

That's another reason I like the extension ".user.js". For the
developers in the hizou, they will probably have *.js associated with
an editor since running a javascript is usually pointless on any
platform.

For those who have associations they like, they can associate
userscripts specifically by associating ".user.js".

In windows, I don't think there is a concept of a "default editor".
Correct me if I'm wrong.

What if I brought up a dialog the first time the edit button was used
that explained the situation? Or does anyone have any bright ideas for
UI? Or maybe I should root around in XPCOM for interfaces to register
extensions? (they might be there since mozilla itself has to do this
on install).