[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey 0.3

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:35:41 EDT 2005

> In windows, I don't think there is a concept of a "default editor".
> Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're not wrong.

> What if I brought up a dialog the first time the edit button was used
> that explained the situation? Or does anyone have any bright ideas for
> UI? Or maybe I should root around in XPCOM for interfaces to register
> extensions? (they might be there since mozilla itself has to do this
> on install).

I think on the first run, if there's no association to .user.js
(and/or .usr.js), just make one.  If there is an existing association,
ask the user what to do.  Be quiet after that.

In the FAQ, we could point to the pref tree to change if they answer
wrong and want to revise the answer.