[Greasemonkey] DRAFT 00.01 GM Big Ideas

Julien Couvreur julien.couvreur at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:03:25 EDT 2005

I'm not sure I quite got your question, but here's an attempt anyways...

You need to have some familiarity with javascript, HTML and how they
interface (DOM, which represents the HTML structure in a tree of
nodes, and other browser APIs).
Then you read other peoples user scripts (starting with simple ones)
and start thinking what modifications you'd like to do to the websites
you visit.

At first, you make simple modifications like re-writing links or
redirecting pages, then you start modifying the structure of the page
(adding stuff usually) and then you add more advanced server
interactions (XmlHTTPRequest).

Basically you need to learn the same things that you would if you
wrote a website with some javascript.