[Greasemonkey] Patterns

Scott R. Turner srt at aero.org
Fri Apr 15 08:51:38 EDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Edward Lee wrote:
> http://ed.agadak.net/jsshell.php

I ran into an interesting problem when I tried to use this.

I use Privoxy (http://www.privoxy.org/) and one of the things it does
is rewrite all instances of OpenWindow to PrivoxyOpenWindow, which
allows it to intercept (and kill, if desired) pop-ups, etc.

When Privoxy loads the page above, it rewrites the javascript
bookmarklets accordingly.  However, when you try to run one of the
bookmarklets, you get the error:

   Error: PrivoxyWindowOpen is not defined

Presumably because it is defined on the page and not as part of the
bookmarklet.

It goes to show that as you start combining all these cool hacks to
mess with web pages, there's opportunity for unexpected (and
perplexing) problems!

 		-- Scott