[Greasemonkey] Re: GreaseMonkey 0.3

Scott R. Turner srt at aero.org
Fri Apr 15 13:35:12 EDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Aaron Boodman wrote:
> Which version exactly are you using? There was an issue we found quite
> early with 0.3 in that it didn't migrate your old scripts. The latest
> XPI I sent out, 0.3a does this.

No, I'm using 0.3a, and it migrated correctly.  The problem has to do
with Win2K and networked profiles.  It's not a Greasemonkey problem, I
was just giving some background.

> Secondly, just in my own defense, getContents() doesn't die
> silently, it throws a javascript error which gets reported to the JS
> Console in the typical way. That seems like the correct behavior.

Well, the incorrect part is that after the Javascript error is thrown,
Greasemonkey is dead for that page.  So instead of just losing the
offending script, you end up losing that script and any that would
have loaded after it.  I think it's better to catch the exception and
continue on.

 			-- Scott