[Greasemonkey] Question: XPath on XMLHttpRequests

Edward Lee edilee at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 04:14:32 EDT 2005

> > Would it be possible for me to look at where
> > you've seen it done?
>
> Nope :-)

Aww.. well that's what I figured ;) But thanks for the info! I was
able to do some very fun stuff with it. [/me is very excited at the
possibilities :D]

For those curious.. you can look at these sceenshots of a web based
game that I "code" for.. I spend more time writing scripts for other
people to use than actually playing the game ;)

http://ed.agadak.net/greasemonkey/tdzk/tdzkBefore.png (87k)
http://ed.agadak.net/greasemonkey/tdzk/tdzkMud.png (119k)

Normally you move around by clicking those direction arrows in the
upper left corner or perform other actions through links, but the mud
interface replaces all that with text commands. The "client" replaces
a 404 page (tdzkMud.php) with the help of the modifications I added
for variable blocks in the /*= comments.. then I just do a bunch of
xmlhttprequests and stuff.

At least right now, things are limited to just basic movement, but I'm
not sure how much I want to add to it. Greasemonkey scripts are quite
illegal for the game (even though it can't really be detected), but
the ones I've written for people to use modify the client side display
for stuff. But like I said.. very excited! (maybe it's because it
reminds me of all those days I spent mudding back then...)

And not to make this post too too off topic for a greasemonkey
discussion... Just like how I replaced the normal interface for the
game, other websites can have quite major changes to how the user
interacts with things. I'm sure there are scripts out there that
already do this. :)
--
Ed