[Greasemonkey] Question: XPath on XMLHttpRequests

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 12:28:13 EDT 2005

Like I said, you don't need to do this if you're receiving valid XML.
in that case, skip the whole thing and use XMLHTTPRequest as it was
designed to be used -- grab the responseXML property. Somebody old
forgotten programmer at Microsoft will weep with joy.

But for the other 99.99% of cases where you're receiving some mangled
HTML tag soup that needs to be parsed in the normal HTML way, you have
to use the hack I described. Mozilla does not expose it's HTML parser
in any programmable way from content.

--
Aaron