[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey: an Historical Perspective

Evan Martin evan.martin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:58:46 EDT 2005

On 4/18/05, Matthew Gertner <matthew at allpeers.com> wrote:
> Thought this might be of interest to some. I started out writing an essay
> about how XML has totally failed in its original goal (so far), which was
> mainly to provide technically sound underpinnings for an extensible web
> before half-assed HTML-based methods got too much traction. Greasemonkey

The whole point of Greasemonkey is that you're fixing websites that
the site owners got wrong in the first place.  The very fact we use
something like Greasemonkey means these people don't get it already.

You wish they'd produce XML, and I wish they'd just not produce stupid
sites.  Which one of those is easier to achieve?