[Greasemonkey] Release Gm 3.0a

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 12:12:47 EDT 2005

> It's actually not stable. A few bugs have been found (great! thats why
> we decided to start releasing to the mailing list first).
>
> * incompatibility with XHTML (yeah this is just a one line change)
> * migration script screws up if you've already migrated by hand
> * edit button does funny things on default windows installation

The rest of that list was:

+ report error in getContents but don't halt GM.
+ undo special casing of data uris.

... I'm not on my main box, so don't have a patching tool, but I'm
attaching the code for reporting on failure of injectScript (which I
think is more general than covering getContents).  To include the
exception info in the log message, I'm uneval'ing it.  You may not
like that.  :)

Note that I added a function, scriptLogPrefix, which would avoids the
duplication I would have had in win.GM_log and the catch.

Not much, but one less thing to do...  I'd undo the data uri bit, but
again, I don't have that patch file or any tools...