[Greasemonkey] user script --> extensions

Neil Kandalgaonkar neilk at brevity.org
Tue Apr 19 12:49:50 EDT 2005

Aaron Boodman wrote:

> I think that extensions are just too heavy weight and cumbersome for
> what I want to create userscripts  to solve. The difference is not
> huge, but it's there, and significant.

Oh yeah. GM has enabled a new class of authors to extend
Mozilla/Firefox. Three lines of javascript and BAM!

I'm not yet sure if there's an audience for an extension-izer... I might
try turning Lickr into an extension, just to see.

I've wanted to do Mozilla extensions for years. Just never had the steam
to do so until GM came along.

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar
neilk at brevity.org | http://brevity.org/