[Greasemonkey] When is a user script too complex? (was: ANN:Chicago Transit ...)

Matthew Gertner matthew at allpeers.com
Wed Apr 20 15:10:46 EDT 2005

The Extension Builder Extension made me very angry because it hosed all my
open tabs (i.e. all the stuff I had queued to read over the past 3 days)
when I ran "Reload all chrome" (which otherwise looked like the most
interesting feature it offers). Overall it underwhelms. Totally agreement
that building extensions is way too fiddly right now, but if this is the
state of the art then... ack!

I've actually give a lot of thought to this
(http://www.allpeers.com/blog/?p=97), and I'm planning to create a
rudimentary version of my dream IDE in the hope that other people will be
motivated to help me flesh it out. Also, I want to learn more about GM
internals so I'll probably write your GM -> extension converter if no one
beats me to the punch. It'll take me a couple of weeks though (programmer's
estimate = multiply by X) since my list of side projects is growing. If
someone else is working on this or planning to do so, please let me know so
we don't duplicate work.

Cheers,
Matt