[Greasemonkey] Dealing with spam on the wiki

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:38:17 EDT 2005

On 4/20/05, Bill Donnelly <donnelly at snowcrest.net> wrote:
> What about one of those images of a code you have to enter
> to make the entry valid. That would be the best solution, imo.
> Especially if the code was short instead of long. There's no
> good reason to make it more than two characters afaik.
> I hate typing 5- to 8-character codes. Major overkill.

That's what a Captcha is...

The issue is that I'm having trouble figuring out how to hook into
Moin's security model.  I can do all kinds of decision making based on
the request, but I haven't found how to programatically tell Moin
"don't honor this request".

I'm running Moin 1.2.something if someone wants to take a whack at
figuring it out...

Otherwise, I'm working on it, as and when I can.