[Greasemonkey] Long literal strings of html

Julien Couvreur julien.couvreur at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:56:39 EDT 2005

> Yeah that's better.

getSelf/getRawScript is the least that GM can do to help support
literal string hacks. I think including more functionality in GM would
have made things easier for more script authors. But maybe we'll
convince you more after a couple scripts start using that
functionality ;-)

I hope we wont' see a dozen different formats for storing literal
strings in comments...

On 4/20/05, Edward Lee <edilee at gmail.com> wrote:
> There could still be things that need to be escaped. Right now it
> escapes \n \r ' " Perhaps \t? but that doesn't really affect the
> code/parsing or does it?

Why are you escaping characters in the string?
In the implementation of GM_getRawScript that I put in this thread
earlier, I was returning the script content directly. It seemed to
work fine.

Cheers,
Julien