[Greasemonkey] Why does this script make the google footer appear twice?

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:50:30 EDT 2005

On 4/21/05, Bob Herrmann <bob at jadn.com> wrote:

> Not exactly sure why that happens, but I noticed when I change my script
> to tie into load event, the problem went away...

I had the same problem with the "enhanced by Butler" banner and
eventually "settled" on wrapping the injection in a window.setTimeout.
 window.onload is probably cleaner.  I don't know why the original bug
occurs, except to say that Firefox was never meant to do any of this,
really, so I'm not terribly surprised that Strange Things Happen(tm).

-Mark