[Greasemonkey] Grab text string in TD

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:45:33 EDT 2005

The easiest way is with the nonStandard, but useful textContent property.

td1.textContent.match...

Incidentally, <td> elements don't have an attribute named value, which
is why what you were trying to do did not work. But even if it did,
what you're looking for is not an attribute but the textual content of
the element.

DOM elements don't contain text directly, but text nodes, which in
turn contain the text. So the official way to do what you want would
be:

td1.firstChild.match...

assuming that the first child is a text node and there are no other
child elements. The whole thing gets pretty messy which is why I
suggest textContent.

--
Aaron