[Greasemonkey] Grab text string in TD

Ozan Ayyüce ozay-311203 at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 20:48:31 EDT 2005

From: "Scott R. Turner" <srt at aero.org>

>      GM_find_and_replace(regexp, replace)
>
> which would search through all the "plain text" on the page doing
> replacements.  And a similar function

I can't see the advantages of simple regexp replacements over the
powerful DOM provided by mozilla. The only place it might be useful is
manipulation of non-html parts of the file, for example javascript.

Maybe some access-function of kind
string GM_get_js_by_function_name(string) would be more practical for
this?

My concern is that we encourage perl-like html-manipulation if GM
provides a simple find-and-replace-function. Given the write-only-nature
of perl we should prevent that.

>      GM_HTML_find_and_replace(...)
>
> which would do the same thing operating on the HTML.  Is something
> like that possible/desirable?

I see even less purpose for this.

Ozan