[Greasemonkey] Grab text string in TD

Edward Lee edilee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 15:09:48 EDT 2005

> And don't use the with statement ;-). Blech.

I blame jesse! ;) I started using them after looking through the
javascript shell. The only other place I've seen someone say don't use
with statements is "The with statement should not be used." from
http://www.crockford.com/javascript/survey.html .

Both places don't really say why not. After using them, I do see
possibile errors coming from using the with statement such as the
inability to create variables for the with target, but as long as you
just modify already existing members of the target, with works fine
and most of the time is a bit shorter.

--
Ed