[Greasemonkey] Challenge: improving "inline mp3 player" script with data: url or literal strings

Julien Couvreur julien.couvreur at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 15:30:16 EDT 2005

There is a number of scripts that reference images on a server, rather
than use a data: url. For example, "mp3 stream"
(http://www.barkingstars.com/blog/000031.html ) does that.
I just contacted Ivan to recommend using a data: url instead.

But in the case of "inline mp3 player", a whole flash application is
downloaded from the server (sourceforge.net luckily).
The problem is that it requires querystring parameters, which I'm not
sure how to pass through a data: url.

Anyone has an idea on how to make the flash player in "inline mp3
player" ( http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/greasemonkey/inline.player.user.js
) be embedded in the user script?

Thanks,
Julien