[Greasemonkey] Challenge: improving "inline mp3 player" script with data: url or literal strings

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:22:38 EDT 2005

On 4/22/05, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/22/05, Julien Couvreur <julien.couvreur at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone has an idea on how to make the flash player in "inline mp3
> > player" ( http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/greasemonkey/inline.player.user.js
> > ) be embedded in the user script?
>
> Yes.  Implement the functionality of the data URI kitchen in JS.... not me.  :)

Sorry, I misunderstood the question.  You don't want to supply
querystrings per page to a dynamic source, you want to embed
querystrings in a data URI so that they're interpreted as an HTTP
param (to fool the flash player into using those params).

I don't think that's possible w/ the data URI... But for amusement
value, here's Simon's self-contained data URI kitchen:
http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2003/08/11/selfContained