[Greasemonkey] GM_getProperty ("property.name") method

Bill Donnelly donnelly at snowcrest.net
Sat Apr 23 15:04:03 EDT 2005

I'm resubmitting this in case people missed it instead of
no replies being a resounding "No" to the idea.

Would a GM_getProperty ("property.name") method be bad/good?

I suppose there are some Firefox config properties that need
security, so maybe just support a list of properties and ignore
any requests for property values that are not in the list?

I would like access to the browser.display.background_color
and browser.display.foreground_color properties.

People could request what config properties they would like
added and decisions could be made as to their appropriateness
regarding any security issues the data may create if allowed
access to them from Gm.

For example, you probably don't want people to know the value
of your browser.download.dir property, among possible others.