[Greasemonkey] Bloglines Tweaks User Script

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 10:27:29 EDT 2005

On 4/23/05, Mihai Parparita <mihai.parparita at gmail.com> wrote:
> The main reason why I'm posting to this list is to get feedback for
> sites that don't work and/or suggestions for better full-content
> detection heuristics.

You need to do escaping on the word when making regexps to build the
<word> nodes.

      pageHTML = pageHTML.replace(new RegExp(word, 'g'),
                                  "<word>" + word + "</word>");

For example, this "word" breaks the regexp: "(featuring"

>From this text:
While trolling usenet looking for strange documentaries, I found
exactly that. This piece is very odd: it's a 30 minute video of a news
desk practicing for an all out terror attack on the US (featuring real
news guy Forrest Sawyer).

This is from A Whole Lotta Nothing:

I'm attaching my dump'd up copy of the script, which may save you a few minutes.