[Greasemonkey] Locked out of Gmail

Brady Joslin brady.joslin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:01:22 EDT 2005

This morning I got a message saying my Gmail account was locked due to
a third party script interacting with their site.  Here is a
screenshot of the message I got when logging in to my account:

http://photos7.flickr.com/10856642_1720f0035e_o.jpg

Below is the email I sent Google this morning asking them to unlock my
account.  Nearly immediately after sending it I could get back into
Gmail.  Has anyone else experienced this?

--------------

Google,

I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting locked out of my Gmail
account.  While I am using a Greasemonkey script to add a delete
button to Gmail, your advertisements are showing up normally.  I see
nothing in the terms of service that says altering a page in my
browser could affect my account other than if it affects the
advertisements.

I am a fan of your company and its products, so by all means simply
help me understand what you believe I am doing wrong and do not ban my
account.

I feel that using this script is no different than your latest
Autolink feature that is distributed with the Google toolbar.  You are
altering the content of other people's websites inside the browser
just like I am.

http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/bin/answer.py?answer=18188&topic=238

Please respond with an open mind.

Sincerely,