[Greasemonkey] Locked out of Gmail

Scott R. Turner srt at aero.org
Mon Apr 25 12:17:54 EDT 2005

How does Google know you're using a script?  I don't use Gmail and I
haven't looked at the Gmail scripts, but unless you're using URLs or
some pattern that isn't normally possible, I can't see how they'd know
you were using a script.  Or why they'd bother building software to
detect it.  At worst they might build something to see if you're being
served lots of mail without the advertisements.

My guess is that something else tripped the automated alarm.  Maybe
you had some unusual messages, accidently requested the same page a
zillion times, or something like that.

 	       -- Scott