[Greasemonkey] Locked out of Gmail

Brady Joslin brady.joslin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:27:59 EDT 2005

This is the second time this has happend in my 2 weeks of using GM
scripts.  The first time happend the day after I installed GM
Gmail-related scripts.  I turned them off until a day or two ago and
was just locked out again.  Therefore after using Gmail for probably
over a year, I've never been locked out when GM scripts were not
running.

No weird emails, no other interaction with their service, etc.

Here are the Gmail scripts I had activated:

Gmail delete button
Secure Gmail

I have no idea which is causing the issue and don't have time to
analyze it since I'm in the middle of finals.  For now I've just
turned them off.

Brady

On 4/25/05, Scott R. Turner <srt at aero.org> wrote:
> How does Google know you're using a script?  I don't use Gmail and I
> haven't looked at the Gmail scripts, but unless you're using URLs or
> some pattern that isn't normally possible, I can't see how they'd know
> you were using a script.  Or why they'd bother building software to
> detect it.  At worst they might build something to see if you're being
> served lots of mail without the advertisements.
>
> My guess is that something else tripped the automated alarm.  Maybe
> you had some unusual messages, accidently requested the same page a
> zillion times, or something like that.
>
>                -- Scott

Brady Joslin