[Greasemonkey] Locked out of Gmail

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:12:06 EDT 2005

On 4/25/05, Brady Joslin <brady.joslin at gmail.com> wrote:
> This morning I got a message saying my Gmail account was locked due to
> a third party script interacting with their site.  Here is a
> screenshot of the message I got when logging in to my account:
>
> http://photos7.flickr.com/10856642_1720f0035e_o.jpg

I got this once when I used Yahoo Pops
<http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/> to download all my old email off
Yahoo Mail when I switched email addresses.  It battered their mail
server pretty hard, pretty fast (I had several hundred messages, and
the default is to download them as quickly as possible).  After 24
hours I regained access, and I downloaded the rest with a healthy
delay.

Never had anything similar happen with any of Google's services,
despite running early prerelease versions of Butler that hit the
Google servers pretty hard in unusual, detectable ways.  (The release
version adds no extra load on their servers.)

Are you sure you don't have any spyware on your system?

-Mark