[Greasemonkey] GM_xmlhttpRequest-induced Firefox crash

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:16:53 EDT 2005

On 4/25/05, Bill Donnelly <donnelly at snowcrest.net> wrote:
> I think GM_xmlhttpRequest should be able to be disabled
> or enabled by the user.

Not a terrible idea at first glance, but please provide a way for user
scripts to detect the current state of the function, so that I can
automatically disable part of my script's functionality without
bothering the user.  If you're simply going to not define
GM_xmlhttpRequest, then "if (!GM_xmlhttpRequest)" will work, but if
you're going to make it do something else (like pop up an alert),
please provide a way for user scripts to detect this.

-Mark